Nordic nRF52840 BLE Core Module for LoRaWAN with LoRa SX1262
RAK4631 is for use with the Arduino IDE BSP.
The RAK4631 WisBlock LPWAN is a WisBlock Core module which delivers a powerful Nordic nRF52840 MCU with BLE 5.0 paired to the latest LoRa® transceivers from Semtech, the SX126x series.
Compared to the older SX127x series the Semtech SX126x transceivers offer improved power consumption and the improved power amplifier can now transmit at up to +22dBm, with a total link budget up to 170dB for extended communication range. This makes the RAK4631 our best ever long range capable, ultra-low-power communication solution.
Designed for global deployment, the RAK4631 WisBlock Core comes in two variants, RAK4631(H) supporting ISM bands from 779-923MHz, including those typically used in Europe, USA, India, and the RAK4631(L) variant for the 433-470Mhz bands aimed at China and 433Mhz specific deployments.
The module also includes a temperature-controlled crystal oscillator (TXCO) for correct operation across a wide range of temperature and bandwidth requirements as well as multiple communication interfaces including UARTs, I2C, SPI, ADC, USB and GPIOs.
RAK4631 together with one of our WisBlock Base modules can be easily expanded with many available sensors and IO boards. This is the ideal LoRa® end node for battery and/or solar-powered applications in remote locations.
The Arduino version can be easily programmed with the Arduino IDE or the PlatformIO extension for IDE’s like Atom, MS Visual Studio Code, or Clion using our Arduino BSP. Please check our RAK4631 documentation.
The RUI3 version can be easily programmed with the Arduino IDE or Visual Studio using our RUI3 Arduino BSP. Please check our RAK4631-R documentation.
- RAK4631: LoRaWAN® 1.0.2 protocol stack (supports Class A & C)
- RAK4631-R: LoRaWAN® 1.0.3 protocol stack (supports Class A, B & C)
- Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0 protocol stack
- Nordic nRF52840:
- Ultra-low-power MCU
- 32-bit ARM® Cortex-M4F CPU
- 64MHz CPU clock
- 1 MB Flash, 256 KB RAM
- Wide range of connections:
- I2C, SPI, Analog inputs,
- Digital inputs and outputs
- Semtech SX1262:
- Low power high range
- LoRa® transceiver
- 1pc RAK4631
- 1pc Antenna for LoRa
- 1pc Antenna for Bluetooth Low Energy
- RAK4631 Quick Start Guide
- WisBlock Quick Start Guide
- WisBlock Source Code Repository(opens new window)
- Arduino IDE BSP
- PlatformIO BSP
- Bootloader source code and ready to flash file(opens new window)
- RAK4631 3D Model(opens new window)
- 40-Pin Male Connector 3D File(opens new window)
- RAK4631 example codes on folders
common(opens new window)
- Sample Code: LoRa(opens new window)
- Sample Code: BLE(opens new window)
- Sample Code: Battery Level
- RAK4631-R Quickstart Guide
- Example Applications
- AT Command Manual
- DFU – Device Firmware Upgrade
- RAK4631-R 3D Model(opens new window)
- 40-Pin Male Connector 3D File